|Building Maintenance Mechanic||Building Maintenance Mechanic|
This work involves the repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds, and equipment. The work performed is of a general mechanical nature and may include fields such as masonry, carpentry, painting, plumbing, heating and electrical maintenance and repair. The work also involves the operation of motor vehicles and other machinery and equipment.
- Cleans, maintains, and makes repairs to low- and high-pressure boilers, pumps, heaters, piping, valves, traps, compressor motors and generators.
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures such as sinks, toilets and showers.
- Performs preventive maintenance to buildings systems and equipment.
- Performs daily site inspections of facilities and mechanical equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Monitors heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems and adjusts as needed; Operates motor vehicles and other motorized equipment.
- Prepares surfaces and paints exteriors and interiors of buildings and structures.
- Assembles and/or installs cabinets, shelves, doors, paneling, flooring, windows, and locks; Installs and repairs electrical wiring, equipment, and control systems.
- Repairs windows, doors, floors, walls, furniture, roofs, and sprinklers.
- Performs masonry duties such as mixing plaster and concrete, laying bricks or blocks, preparing forms, and pouring concrete.
- May perform general grounds maintenance activities, Such as snow removal.
- Performs other general repairs, cleaning, and greasing work as required.
- Works various hours and responds to after-hours emergency requests as required; and
- Performs other related duties as required.
|Maximum of $30 per hour|